Monday, March 2, 2009

Cards, Ballet, and Snow... How much better can it get!

This weekend was great. Below are quite a few pics to recap all the events of my weekend. I am so blessed to have CDC, friends, parents, neighbors, lil' sissies, etc. etc.!

Here is a picture from last Saturday's babysitting night at CDC. I anxiously await these nights. Taking care of kids is fun but the best part is getting to hang out with the rest of the company girls. Taylor Hnatek and I played tag for about 3o minutes and for about 29 of those minutes I bet no "kid" was playing. What do I say, I had FUN! This is me and my lil' sis Lilli. Each girl in the company has a lil' sis or big sis. I am a big sis and I have a fantastic lil' sis, lucky me. I love getting to chat in the lobby or dressing room with her.
*****
Nicole came over on Friday and we saw Confessions of a Shopaholic. It was cute but way different than how I imagined it being. Just random and it jumped around a lot for my taste, like they deleted scenes to make it shorter but left us confused. Well, I got to be with a great friend so all is well. We also spent a long time planning KDW Productions stuff. Oh, and if you haven't checked out our website for KDWP, please do so) She had to leave at 9:30 in the morning after a sleepover to go to ballet so we took a pic of her ready to dance. We both were bummed that we didn't get any pics at the theater. Oh well, next time...!
*****
I went to the Shermans house on Saturday before rehearsal to see if Kate would make a card for TJ to invite him to perform in our summer recital. I felt that if she asked he would be more willing than if I asked him. Here she is PROUD of her creation.
I don't know if you can read it. If you click on the pic I think it will blow it up so it can actually be read. How cute is this!!!!????!!!
The front cover. Oh how adorable! How could any man turn down this offer from a beautiful lady! Jen- Has she given it to him yet? Just wondering!

*****
So my ballet teacher has done amazing things for me in the past two weeks. Besides being the great teacher she is, she asked if I would help out with a birthday party after rehearsal on Saturday (last Saturday). I had a blast dancing with all the girls although my job was more like taking girls on potty breaks and finding more streamers and such. I earned $30 for one hour of work. Incredible. I can't believe how lucky I am to have CDC and have these opportunities offered to me. And this Saturday (Feb. 28th) Mrs. Lindsay had some Carolina Ballet tickets that she wasn't going to use so she offered them to me. My mom and I were able to go to Tolstoy & Shakespeare: Masterworks in Motion (a production of Carolina Ballet). I enjoyed it thoroughly although the stories were a little confusing. And if it wasn't rainy, windy, and 36 degrees outside the night might have been even better.
Well here is mom and I dressed up to go the Raleigh Memorial Auditorium for the ballet. "Can't Wait" Thanks for the loan of clothes from "Camille's Closet Inc."! Her closet is literally like a store to me. HUGE and full of clothes. And on certain days she is willing to loan her clothes to her fabulous sisters, and well, on other days you might get shot if you trespass in there! JK, but still!!!
I am up there way at the top if you look hard! Wanted to have a pic with something that had Carolina Ballet on it!
Just another shot of the event. Wish I could have taken some pics of the dancers but it is illegal and I my desire is not strong enough to break the law.
*****
Oh, and I can't forget to mention the SNOW! We got it again! How amazing is that! I am incredibly thankful for the snow however we now have another day of our spring break taken away. I went to work with mom today to see Ashton and when I walked in the door I heard "TEEEETTTTTTSSSSEEEEYYY"! It was so cute! Then he ran out of the master bedroom in a frenzy to find me! It is nice to know that I am loved! I won't forgive myself for not taking the camera today. He was extra cute at the mall and in the snow! Urggg! Anyway, Ashton's dad and I agreed that we wish they would have added one day to our whole school year rather than taking away a spring break day. Whatever, I could complain for hours but I won't!
And last but not least is a video that I should have put on the past blog from the Valentines with Kate and Aaron. I thought is was kind of cute, but random. Sorry if it is too dark to see, anyway ENJOY!

Well, I have blogged enough for tonight. 2 hour delay tomorrow (honestly, for no reason) but hey, I am not complaining. Goodnight!
Ta Ta for now!
Kelsey

1 comment:

Kat said...

Hey you sound kind of like Christina Ricci! Hah your voice sounds pretty. That was random and funny. I'm gonna make a video for my party and post it on my blog. My friends call my Tibby cuz I'm like Tibby from the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. So yeah, look out for that!
~Isabella