The Sloans arrived on the Thursday before July 4th. Then on Sunday both of our families headed up to Hyco Lake to spend the rest of the week at the Wells Lakehouse. I am so thankful to have the Wells in our life. They have given us so many more memories. Anywho, we did everything from tubing to hydrosliding (aka kneeboarding), swimming, looking at the mansions on the lake, finding mussels and breaking them open to find the shiny purple shells, tanning, relaxing, dancing, EATING, drinking pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris, playing board games, listening to the never-ending hours of micheal jackson crap, and spending time with family and friends. This vacation was a blast. But all fun has to end eventually. Here is the layout I did on the trip. Click on it to enlarge.

Then when we got back from the lake, my great friend Nicole called to remind me that we were supposed to get together. She came over on Friday afternoon and slept over till Saturday. She is a wonderful dancer and an amazing jazzerina. Even though she is not on pointe, she put on my other pair of pointe shoes for the night. I am extremely jealous of her flexible feet. I had a blast spending time with her. She has been such a help planning all my KDWP stuff. Thanks Nicole for all you do!
Ok, so I went into a little creativity zone to come up with this 4 page layout. I took a while but I am pretty pleased about the final project. You can read the captions if you click on them to zoom.

And while Nicole was here, we were able to make GREAT progress for the summer showcase. We reviewed all the dances and began teaching the Finale. Then once Gaby and Lore left, Tyler happened to come over so we were able to teach Kate and Tyler their dance. I was proud of all we accomplished. Thanks again Nicole for your dedication. And thanks to all my little ballerinas, tappers, and jazzerinas for your hard work. Here is a digi page I did on the KDWP Girls. My other friend ,Caitlin, is also willing to help but she wasn't there this night. Aren't we lovely? (again, click to see larger)
I have had a lot of fun scrapbooking all my summer activities. Now I need the summer to slow down so I can go back and scrapbook past events, including my birthday party. Thanks to all my blog readers. And for those who read this through email, you should actually come to the site to see my new design.
I have had a lot of fun scrapbooking all my summer activities. Now I need the summer to slow down so I can go back and scrapbook past events, including my birthday party. Thanks to all my blog readers. And for those who read this through email, you should actually come to the site to see my new design. Happy Summer to all! Enjoy the wonderful weather and bliss!
Much Love,
K
No comments:
Post a Comment