Sunday, June 27, 2010

My Birthday- A Little Late

So I finally got around to scrappin' DAY 3 of our cruise vacation, which also happened to be my 15th birthday. It was BY FAR the best day of the trip- how cool for it to be on my b-day!

Here is the Summary that is on the scrap page:

Day 3- Monday, March 29th
So it’s my birthday upon the Navigator of the Seas. I could not wait for what was in store. We were going to SWIM WITH DOLPHINS! After breakfast we climbed aboard the tender boats to take us ashore to Grand Cayman. I was surprised to see many American restaurants. We found our Dolphin group and piled into a bus to drive us to Dolphin Cove. Man, was I excited! Once we arrived, we were able to watch other groups swim with the dolphins and see them flip and fly around in the water. They are such graceful animals. After much chaos, we headed to the water to begin. First we swam with some Stingrays. One got loose and some girls like totally freaked out; it was rather amusing. Then, on to the dolphins! Our guide introduced our group of about 10 people to our dolphin, named Darwin. He, as all of them, was adorable and miraculously and perfectly trained. Throughout the event we were able to pet Darwin, ride on his belly, be flown across on a buggy board when he pushed our feet, have a splash fight, kiss him, shake hands, and a few other things. Darwin even was able to make this really neat bubble ring when he swam under water. I had such a blast! Then we headed to the turtle farm where we saw some massive turtles and some smaller turtles. They were really grimy but it was a neat experience. One of those, “Been there, Done that” kind-of-things. Once back in the busy streets of Georgetown we walked around to find a restaurant and ended up a SeÅ„or Frogs. The food and drinks were great and we overlooked the streets of Grand Cayman as we ate. After strolling around the shops and different places we stopped at a gift shop. I bought a Cayman Islands t-shirt and Camille got a cute flowered bag. Thanks Nana and Papa! Sadly we had to head back onto the tender boats to get back on the ship, but we were exhausted. I loved looking across the bright blue kool-aid water. It was like nothing I’d seen before. Dinner in the elegant dining room, Coppelia, was fantastic as always. Something I found cool was that all of the dining rooms were named after famous ballets- The Nutcracker, Swan Lake, and Coppelia. The Nutcracker had two parts- The Arabesque and The Pirouette. They also were filled with ballet paintings and a ballet statue. They sang “Happy Birthday” to me at dinner and brought me an extra dessert. The Grahams gave me a Grand Cayman Stingray keepsake in celebration of the big one-five! Tonight’s entertainment starred Paul Boland, an impressionist/singer. If I had known the people he was impersonated I probably would have found it more interesting. And Yes, the volume was too loud again! My poor ears. But tonight the fun was not over after entertainment. Us teens, minus Camille, went ice skating for a little bit. The shoes were rather painful but it was a lot of fun. Then Erin, Jessie, Camille, and I tried to go to the teen party, but there really wasn’t much of a party. At about 11:30 our family headed back up to the pool deck for the midnight buffet, just to consume more food. And to see the ice and fruit sculptures. That stuff is incredible. This was my favorite day by far! God somehow knew to make my birthday the best. Boy, was I tired. And we had to wake up early the next morning for Jamaica, mon!


I still need to scrap the remaining days, but it will have to wait till after we get back from the beach. Looking forward to a fun July 4th with my favorite neighbors, too!
Off to soak up some SUN!
Kelsey


No comments: