Monday, December 20, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree!

So yes... time slips by and I fail to fall into the realm of blogging. I can hardly find time to rest my head, nonetheless share wonderful events with my non-existent plethora of readers! However, today (with one day left of school in 2010) I will do a quick "In the spirit of Christmas" post!

Let me take a moment to share my favorite things about the holiday season-

*
Joy
Love
Snow
Peace
Movies
Scarves
Raleigh!!
Memories
Traditions
Family Time
Sausage Balls
Sugar Cookies
Cards received
Christmas Songs
Christmas Decorations
Warmth of the Indoors:)
Camille (& Quint) in town
CHRISTMAS TREE
Yep, I love it!

So today I will skip all the seemingly mundane pre-holiday fun to jump right in on "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!"


We (Mom, Dad, and myself) enjoyed at day trip to the Carolina mountains! And since Charlotte wasn't placed correctly on the globe to ever receive snow, we couldn't have been more pleased to be in the midst of a blizzard. Well, not literally- but there was a lot of snow! HUGE FLAKES and it was covered in several inches by the time we reached the Christmas Tree Mountain! Despite our lacking of appropriate attire, it was a joyous occasion picking out a tree, as it always is! This year we added the special fun of wacking at trees with a PVC pipe to ride them of snow in order to "size 'em up!" What a sad life a tree lives! Lives to dies... being forced to conform to standards none other than perfection! So, I'm glad I'm not a tree -- but I am certainly glad we could bring a tree back home with us!

The ride home was accompanied by mint hot cocoa and a dinner at Ham's! Our Tradition!

There was no delay! We got home and Mom lit it up! Then the next day we turned on the Christmas Tunes and decorated the tree. It was always more fun when Camille was around, but the tradition must continue, despite her absence!

So in collaboration of these 2 days, here is the post I created! Click to zoom!

May the Holiday Cheer find its way into your heart today and always!

God Bless!
Kelsey

P.S. More posts to come!

No comments: