Dad's work along with an interior designer hosted a Kentucky Derby Party on May 7th. Of course, I loved any reason to have to go buy cute hats and despite our limited budget, we ended up looking quite nice at the party. All the ladies wore their hats! Food, cornhole, and the race filled a couple hours with simple family fun. It was a small gathering, but it was pleasant and quaint, nonetheless. It provided the perfect opportunity for us to get a family picture taken. How wonderful it is to have Camille back with us!
The following weekend I drove to Raleigh (yep, Kelsey drove) so that we could attend Quint's graduation on Friday evening. Mom and Camille were my passengers and I got them to Nana's without a glitch. Nana fixed a delicious dinner for us all before we headed out to leave. His graduation for just the computer science department was at Hope Community Church. Though it was quite long and drawn out, but Camille and I passed the time by making fun of the r.i.d.i.c.u.l.o.u.s.l.y l.o.n.g n.a.m.e.s. in the program book and getting excited about hearing the announcer say them aloud. The biggest laugh erupted due to one boy's name in particular. Are you ready? Take a deep breath?.... Karthik S. Chidambararamasubramanian. It still gives me the giggles today. Imagine trying to write that one in kindergarten! To add to the amusement, the mic broke after it was pronounced. It was fate's way of saying, "Dude, your name is incredibly too long." Even though Camille and I had quite a time joking around, we were both glad to be there for Quint. Nana, Papa, Mom, Dad, and Quint's parents Ralph and Becky, were there to see his accomplishments acknowledged. We took pictures afterwards! Boy, that is A LOT of red. Guess it was good that Daddy got to see someone graduating from State since neither I nor Camille will.The following evening we met the Jordan family for dinner at Winston's! YUM! Since Brooks (Quint's youngest brother) had a chorus concert on the same night, he couldn't come to the graduation, so we planned the dinner for Saturday evening so all could attend.
Just a quick page to showcase the event.

Earlier in the day on Saturday, we attended Arison Wells' FIRST birthday party! Luckily, both the graduation and the party fell on the same weekend so we could be a part of both. I always love Wells events. They are full of smiles (bright white smiles) and happiness. Ashton has grown so much since I saw him last! He is such a BOY now! Not just a toddler but a real hard-core BOY! Guess he couldn't be "cute and little" forever. I still love my man! And to believe that Arison is already one blows my mind. He is ADORABLE! It's sad that I am not able to watch Arison grow like we did with Ashton, but each minute we do is certainly cherished. Children grow far too fast. If only there was a slow-mo button...
On Sunday, I was able to go back to Hope and surprise "my" group of girls (I use the quotations not unnecessary but because they aren't really mine anymore. However, I feel as though they will always be.)! They had no idea I was coming but it ended up working out that I could teach my girls for the day. Hugs, hugs, and more hugs filled my hour with the lil' ladies I have missed so much being in Charlotte. All but two were there! I do love my girls here, but I've known these girls since they were soooooo little and watching them grow each year to be more like Him has created a bond that will never be lost. I love them so!
Time back in Raleigh is ALWAYS a treat! Raleigh for me is such a vacation now, and I love that!
More May recaps to come!
4 more days of school! Can you believe it? Me neither!
~Kels

No comments:
Post a Comment