... you get to be with your favorite "2nd family" on July 4th.
So before Camille and I headed to the beach, we had a Raleigh Pit Stop to make:
Katelyn is growing far too fast it seems. Each time I see her she talks smarter, stands taller, and dances stronger! We had a great night together dancing to some new tunes, and even Aaron joined in for some groovin' fun this time! Bryan made an INCREDIBLE "So You Think You Can Dance" video of them, and I would love to share it with you all. Hopefully, I will get a copy from them soon to share!!
No Sherman Vacay would be complete without a "K&K Photoshoot" by Jenn! Kate is a trooper and pretends to be delighted to take all these pics. I'm glad she loves me enough to withstand continuous camera flashes! ;)

So the evening before July 4th, we decided to "test out" the sparklers in the backyard. We had lots of excitement twirling around the flaming sticks. Sparklers are, indeed, always a hit! I really just wanted any reason to be outside on their luscious grass! Some "Jackpot" with the sky ball and petting frogs added to our fun evening outdoors. Unfortunately, the bugs thought Aaron tasted quite yummy and bit him up to pieces. Still, I know that all 3 of us had a great time.
On July 4th, I became a Sherman for a day and was a part of their family cookout. Everything one needs for a perfect family grill day was there. From chips and dip, to fruit salad, to burgers, to homemade ice cream and more sweet treats! I love being a part of the Sherman's July 4th. It is kind of a tradition now to spend that holiday with them instead of my own family. Being around kids always makes a holiday all the more exciting. The kids swam in the pool and we fanned off the heat under the canopy. Jenn asked me to take some pictures of the day, which I did happily!! For, if you know me, you know I love photography. The downside was that I wasn't in a single picture. So I was there, honest!And while in Raleigh for these couple of days, I also was able to visit Mrs. Young and her daughter Gabrielle. I hadn't seen either of them in a long time, but luckily, we were able to catch up that day. We went out to lunch at Noodles & Company, and I was quickly reminded of why I love Mrs. Young so much. She is all I want to be (and more) when I grow up. I do look up to her and strive to be a mother, wife, and career women like she is. I was incredibly grateful that she was free to spend some time with me in the middle of summer craziness. Plus, Gabrielle is absolutely adorable!
Alright! Continuing to catch up on my blogging! Better late than never, as the old saying goes! K
No comments:
Post a Comment