Saturday, November 19, 2011

Fall Has Come, Fall Has Gone...

My favorite season of the year has not quite left us to freeze. The warm temperatures are hanging around-- and I am not going to complain. I believe it will be back up in the 70s this week. Score!

Fall did come and go all too quickly. With my days being so busy, they go by all too quickly and every week flies by. Sometimes that is a good thing, but most of the time I am just longing for one extra day in every week to collect myself. I know for certain why God created Sundays, but I am doing an awful job at keeping the Sabbath holy. We go to church every morning. First service at 9:30 and then I work at the 11:15, then out to lunch, so we get home a little before 2. Then homework. Then youth from 6:30-8:30. Then finishing the last bit of homework or watching one tv show. Yep, that's my typical Sunday... BUT the Sundays where I get to break that pattern of go-go-go-homework-go-go-go is more than WONDERFUL. I've noticed that off all things, nature is the most relaxing. Especially as the trees are changing and becoming their unique colors. Now, as the leaves begin to fall, my anticipation for winter grows.

However, I cannot let the wonderful times of fall 2011 be forgotten. I MUST spend some time recording my outings. October was a busy month, but today I'll just share a good 'ole Charlotte favorite.

SCAROWINDS!!
It was far better than last year. Not because the haunted houses were more exciting. Or that the weather was better. Or that the ride lines were shorter (because all of those statements are false) BUT BECAUSE... I was able to go with F-R-I-E-N-D-S! Last year, this time of year was rough. All my quote-on-quote "friends" were still just acquaintances and I was still timid around them. For no other reason than I was worried what they would think of me. But this year was different. I made up my mind that if they didn't like me, they would have kicked me to the curb by now. So I can be ME --without hesitation. I could grab on to a friend's arm without feeling "awkward" or share my half of the story because I actually knew who/what we were talking about, etc.
Plus Nicole was able to come with us while she was here. How much better can it get? All my friends together in one weekend- love it!

Here's some pics from our second outing to Scarowinds. Lindsay, Ashley, Noah, and myself all had a great time. Noah was the driver and we "jammed" out to his odd array of tunes. Oh, Noah! Fun times, fun times!

So this fall has been a constant reminder that I have friends. Friends who care about me. Friends who want me around. Friends who make me laugh. Friends who make me feel better about myself (and moving to Charlotte) everyday. I can't thank them {and God} enough. :)

And so here's just a quick shout-out to all my amazing school friends: Lindsay, Ashley, Noah, Francesca, Meghan, Kelly, and Grant. Thanks for making my fall, my year, my life SO much better than it would be without you all.

That's enough blogging for this weekend. 2 days of school this week and then Thanksgiving. I can handle that!

Night.

No comments: