We slept at Nana's house and Camille woke up early to go celebrate with the Jordan family. That means I was the only kiddo at home. Mom, Dad, and I exchanged gifts for one another. I got several surprise gifts! New boots (exactly like the pair I love, but now in brown) AND a brand new Nikon camera filled my morning with delight. A new sparkly shirt provided the perfect attire for this very special day.
Nana, as always, gave me a bag of Christmas morning goodies with lots of candy and essentials. Kinda like a stocking, but even better. And yes, Santa did come by at like 9:50 in the morning (but SO NOT secretively) to fill our stockings with lots of fun goodies.
Around noon, Camille returned and we piled into the car for the one-hour drive to Princeton. This year was quite special. Aunt Lisa, Uncle Kent, Troy, and Reed had come in town from Tennessee to celebrate with us ON Christmas Day. They usually come the week after Christmas so we don't get to see them for very long. But not this year. We were able to open presents together as a family. I could tell that having us all their made Grandmommy very happy. None of us could even remember the last time we all spent Christmas day in one big group.
When people say "Grandmother's cookin' is the best" they know what they are talking about. I love her (and AA's) southern homecooking. Fried Chicken, cheese & bacon mash potatoes, crescent rolls, lima beans... and several other high-caloric yummies. I just melt thinking about that fried chicken.
And desserts: Pecan pie, cake, and white chocolate covered pretzels!!! This is my heaven!
We all gathered around the living room after passing out gifts and opened them one. at. a. time. This way everyone could see what everyone else was getting and have the much-needed and long overdue family bonding time. Lots of new clothes and money made for one happy 16 year old.
Aunt April gave all us grand kids money nestled in/on a Christmas decoration. It was so cute! Thanks AA! I love you.
We even were able to get a group picture. I need to send a copy to Grandmommy, yes I do.
Click the picture to zoom!

After presents, we sat around and watched A Christmas Story maybe 3 times through. First 2 times on mute, and then the last time with sound. Leftovers for dinner of course, before it was time to head back to Cary.
Though I do not get to see them very often, being around Aunt April and Grandmommy remind me how blessed I am to have them. I believe that every girl should have a grandmom who lives in an old small town, who cooks fried chicken, who does arts n' crafts with you, and showers you with love. Yes, everyone needs that kind of grandmommy!
I should type more details but I'm so over Christmas blogging. I just finished the Christmas Eve post (and it's March 10th) and would love to say I finished all of Christmas. Most importantly, I have documented the wonderfulness of that day so that I will never forget!!
Hugs to all my readers!
Kelsey
No comments:
Post a Comment