Monday, November 5, 2012

Happy Wedding Day!

So I'm back with more to share... 

10.27.12 

The day we have all been waiting for!

We woke up in the morning ready for a day full of activities. Amazing how we can fill hours with hair and make-up. The Tanas women arrived at 9 o’clock and immediately got to work. Katharine at makeup and BK at hair. Dad brought us Panera Bread bagels. I had a pumpkin one- yes, I love anything pumpkin! My camera was continually snapping, taking artsy pictures of our day of pampering. BK never failed to make silly faces at the camera. Love that girl!










There was a lot of hair to figure out what to do with. Everyone's style turned out beautiful!





Kate arrived at about noon along with ChickFilA lunch. We were really trying to not fit into our dresses with all the yummy food we were served. 

The flower girl turned from little girl to stunning young lady with a few bobby pins and some blush.


Now we look more like we are going to a wedding...

Love this picture even though it's blurry.
Camille with the make-up artist
Tanea worked nonstop from 9 to 1. She has a lot of beautiful ladies to show for it. 

Once Kate’s hair and my hair and make-up was complete, the two of us went down to the lobby for me to finalize my toast. Kate helped me practice what I should say and she told me the parts she loved. I got a ten-year-old’s approval which gave me the confidence I needed to feel prepared. The time I spent alone with Kate was so special. Jennifer wasn’t feeling well (she initially was supposed to come with her) and though I hate that Jennifer was sick, having Kate hang out with us like she was our age made her and us have a better time. It reminded me how old she really is becoming and how our age gap will only lessen as the years go by. As Kate and I were walking back to the room, Kate said, “You know, Kelsey, I wonder what these people are thinking when they see us all dolled up with fancy hair and make-up wearing sweats.” I couldn’t help but laughing LOUD. It was so true. We did look kind of silly.

And since we didn’t want to look silly for much longer, we put on our dresses and jewelry to be ready for the shuttle’s arrival at 2:45. 





The shuttle carried us the whole 5 minutes to the wedding location where we entered the bridal suite for Camille to put on her dress and veil (which was made by Nana). The photographer hadn’t arrived yet, so my few pictures of these special moments are all we have. Not once did Camille pester me to put my camera away. I guess she knew that today was a day worth having an annoying sister snap pictures of incessantly.







It's not raining!?!
We went outside to take pictures and realized that it was COLD. Okay, so maybe it wasn’t that cold, but in our little dresses, I was shivering in no time. The whole time I was thinking of Kate and how she is probably freezing too. NOT ONCE did she complain. The bridesmaids and I were the ones whining, trying to share our body heat with one another. I had no right to complain though. It was not raining. And that was all that mattered. We prayed and prayed for no rain. And Hurricane Sandy held off. Thanks God!

Camille and Quint did their first look before the ceremony. I can’t help but wonder what Quint was whispering to Camille when they first united.

Then we took some family pictures before hiding the bride away for guests to begin taking their seats. Back in the bridal suite, things were so calm. Mike Bayley took a few detail shots of her shoes and rings, and then we literally just sat on the couch and talked. It felt weird not to be doing something, but a little downtime served us well. All of us had a busy night ahead that didn’t lend much sitting. I touched up Camille’s lip gloss and once again admired how beautiful she looked. I know I’m bias, but she really was one of the prettiest brides I’ve ever seen. 5 o’clock had arrived. It was time!

Mrs. Mary Ann, with her gentle, sweet voice, directed us to where we needed to be and told us when to walk in. The music began playing and this time we weren’t sitting on the couch in our living room trying to pick out the songs we liked. This time, it was for real. I walked down the aisle with Isaac, Quint’s middle brother. And honestly, I don’t remember much of the processional except for Ginger Bunn’s huge smile as I walked by. I took my place in front of the gazebo. Next to enter was our rockin’ ringbearer Ashton. He danced to Mulan’s True to Your Heart. At first I wasn’t sure he was going to make it all the way down the aisle but I think that was the plan. By him dancing farther back, more people were able to see his awesome facial expressions. Everyone was laughing! Then the music switched to Le Corsaire and Kate made her ballet entrance, not forgetting to drop a few flowers along the way.


Lori Campoli Photography
Lori Campoli Photography
Then THE moment we had all been waiting for: Camille and Dad step into our sight. The music changes to Walk in Forest and they begin their processional. I wanted to smile big but my teeth were chattering so uncontrollably that I couldn't form a smile. Combo of nerves and chills, I suppose. Nonetheless, my heart was smiling. MY BIG SISTER WAS GETTING MARRIED!


Lori Campoli Photography
Pastor Anthony led a remarkable ceremony. Though we were not in a church, I could feel God’s presence and blessing over the whole event. They said their self-written vows and remained incredibly composed. I, on the other hand, was crying when I heard Quint tell my sister how much he loves her. There is nothing quite like hearing someone confess their love to someone I love so very much.

Quint shared these words to his bride:
“From the moment I met you 5 years ago, I was immediately drawn to you.  The more I talked to you, the more I had to see you and from that the more I cared about you.  The time I first told you I loved you was one of the most exciting experiences in my life, and I will forever remember that day.  For these past 5 years, I have been fortunate enough to talk to you everyday and I look forward to continuing this going forward, although it will be much easier doing this in person.  With you by my side, my life is always better and I am glad that I will get to spend everyday with you."
And Camille shared these words to her groom:
“I will never forget the day you told me you were going to marry me. I thought you were crazy. I was 16 at the time, and well I guess this is just another one of those things you were right about. So much has happened since then. We’ve grown closer and older. You taught me a lot of things, about love, how to listen, care for others and sometimes just to calm down and be patient. You are my best friend. And I vow to continue to love you, listen to you, and support you and always be by your side no matter what comes our way, forever."

They exchanged rings. At rehearsal, Anthony told us that the girl’s ring never fits on her wedding day, telling Quint to just be slow and patient. Hands must swell or something. Camille assured him that that wouldn’t be an issue, for her ring was sized almost 2 sizes too big (and needs to be resized). But still, her ring was a little tight as Quint tried to slide it on. She has a lot of sparkle on that finger now, for sure. She had tons with the engagement ring, but now she has even more. Quint must love her lots.

Then Brooks (the best man, vocalist, awesome prom date, and more) sang On This Day. I'm looking forward to having the video footage of Brooks singing it, but YouTube's version will do for now.



While Brooks sang, Camille and Quint participated in the candle ceremony, joining two jars of sand into one, never to be separated again. Camille’s sand was Carolina blue and Quint’s was Wolfpack Red.
Lori Campoli Photography
I had a bet that Pastor Anthony would mention the NC State-UNC game in the wedding, and indeed he did. Carolina was victorious, the first time since Camille and Quint have been dating. Pastor Anthony is a crazy Wolfpack fan, but don’t they always say a girl’s wedding day is all about her? That must apply to Camille’s college’s football success too.



The ceremony was over within half an hour. But not before the KISS!
Lori Campoli Photography
I had to make sure that Camille’s dress was flowing just right before she walked back up the aisle. She gave a little “Woohoo,” throwing her arm up in the air, and everyone was clapping and cheering for them. That is another moment that I never want to forget.
Lori Campoli Photography
The recessional began. Camille and Quint. Then Kate and Ashton. And this time, I walked with Brooks. 
Lori Campoli Photography
Lori Campoli Photography
Lori Campoli Photography
Right after the ceremony, Pastor Anthony called Brooks and I over to sign the marriage license. Of course, Brooks signed on the wrong line and Mrs. Mary Ann saved the day with white-out. They are officially married!!!!

Before Mrs. Mary Ann and  Pastor Anthony had to leave, I snagged them for a quick picture. Have I mentioned how much I love them? Well, just know I love them LOTS!!


The time between the ceremony and the reception can probably be considered my favorite time of the whole night. BK decided that we should do a dancing entrance into the reception. It was last minute so none of us had any dance moves planned. The DJ suggested GangNam Style as the song and all of us started doing that silly horse move around the room. We were all laughing so hard. Some of us actually had rhythm, and then those like me really made a fool of themselves.


The videographer was in the room with us. How he wasn’t laughing at us, I don’t know. I’m sure that footage is going to cause a lot of hysteria (and embarrassment in 10 years). 

Well, there you have it. A wonderful ceremony to unite two wonderful people. Now it's time to party!!!

Reception blog to follow.

K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As always a wonderful synopsis of the event. Thanks so much for documenting these memories for all of us. It was a great wedding - I hope i was the best day of Quint & Camille's life so far!