Thursday, March 7, 2013

Renewed

So since I don't want my blog to be filled with my anger at God or my sadness in difficult times, I'd say it is fair to blog today regarding my renewed spirit. Even though He seems hidden right now and I'm still as confused as ever, I have been given a new, healthier perspective. After school, I went to my life group leader and friend, Kelsey's house. She knew EXACTLY what to say to show me how God works. The LORD, our God, has secrets known to no one (Deut. 29:29).

He may be silent.

He may be leaving more up to me than I had wanted Him to.

He may be making me wait.

But he DOES have a plan. And he smiles just thinking about what awaits for me. I'm sure He is uttering under His breath, "Goodness, Kelsey, just relax."

We will never know why God opens doors only so they can be slammed in our faces, but from my discussion today, I have a restored belief in the fact that all things happen for a reason. My story is only in the making, in the rising action at that. No character knows the path the author will write for them. But I'm thankful that my author is a merciful, graceful God who loves me more than I love myself. After all, he IS love!

So thank you Kelsey (my leader, not myself) for showing me His light when I had found myself in shadows. I love you more than you know and feel truly honored to have you in my life. What would I do without you??

Oh, and pinterest can boost my spirits too. Here are a few of my favorites:



Source: indulgy.com via Kelsey on Pinterest


Source: wanelo.com via Kelsey on Pinterest



Source: indulgy.com via Kelsey on Pinterest

1 comment:

Allie Hardin said...

I love this Kelsey! I know seasons of waiting can be frustrating, but I'm so glad that God has given you people and reminders that He is still good and preparing you for something incredible. Keep that faith. :)

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
1 Corinthians 4:16-18