.... in terms of its fun and in terms of the physical beating it took to do all this!
For those of you unable to attend, let me inform you about one of the best week's of my life. Monday-Thursday we have been performing with Dance Company at school. Wednesday and Thursay were the show nights. I had never had more fun dancing in my life. And no, it was not ballet, and far from it but I love these girls and I love dancing with them and I love performing. Wednesday night none of my family came and I didn't mess up at all. Thursday is when the whole crew came. Mom, Dad, Camille, Nana, Papa, Grandma, and Aunt April. And guess what, I messed up 3 times. Why does it have to work that way?? Oh well, who cares! I had so much fun! These smiles aren't just grins, they are smiles of pure joy and excitement!! Wish everyone could have attended.

Above is a pic of some of us company girls. There are twenty in all. At the top, is Maggie, Nicole, and Rachel, and on the bottom is Morgan, Me, and Erin. This pic is the best since it was at the beginning before we "sweated" all our makeup away. Fun times! Fun times! Love you all!

Above is Cassie and Me. She was one of my party-goers from that last post. I have grown to be good friends with her through company this year. I am so glad we have become friends. This was after are last dance and we look CRAZY. The dance was supposed to be creepy and scary and I think we mastered that!!!

Above is me and another ole' party-goer, Caitlin, who has been in multiple posts. I can hardly recognize her in this pic since we are looking so FREAKY. Notice the red on my face... I was BURNING up. I was soooo hot from all that high-impact dancing and constant running.

Ok, agree that this isn't just the cutest pic of us EVER?!!! I love it so much and am going to frame it in my room. The last pic I have of us is from 2 summers ago so I think it is time for an update. We both look COOL and CRAZY and my face (i guess) hadn't gotten as hot yet. I LOVE this pic!!!

SPLIT LINE!!! Ok well, most of us are in splits. I am in one but it is hard to tell. I think that is Kati at the bottom trying to be SILLY. This pic looks really cool with all of us in matching clothing. (Pictured- Andrea, Mallory, Caitlin, Morgan, Erin, Me, and Nicole)

Another split line but with less participants. It looks cooler with more people but this time we all are really in a split! (Pictured is Caitlin, Morgan, Kati, Me, and Nicole)

Above is me, Cassie, and Alexa- more company girls. They choreographed one of the dances. I won't lie and say it was milk and cookies the whole time. We did argue. But hey, when you get 20 girls together who all have their own opinion there is bound to be conflict. I think we ended up managing quite well, though . Cassie and Alexa amazed me at how well they handled all the bickering. Way to go Girls! You look beautiful! Thanks for working with us!

This picture turned out blurry which made me quite bummed but I am sure I will get some more before the year is over. This is Mrs. Casterline! The awe-inspiring lady who has given me a different perspective of life. She has been at school almost everyday while her darling son, Lucas, is in the NICU at WakeMed. He is doing well, though! She always is the one who brought dance back to my heart. What would I have done without her? (My red face is even worse now since I put on clothing for the 20* weather outside while it was 110* inside) Oh well! Any pic is a good pic if my beautiful dance teacher is in it!

Ok, we can't forget to recognize my fans. (BTW, Sorry to all of you for not devoting as much time as I would of liked to you last night!, I was distracted with all my friends) Here is a pic of two of my biggest fans. They come to every show with a smile and a joyful heart. Thank you so much for attending!

Two more fans who attend almost all my shows! My Aunt April and my grandma. Thanks to both of you to for coming all the way from Princeton to see my dance across stage. It means the world to me!

Now for the #1 Fan!! My MOTHER!!! She devotes her time and money to let me continue my passion of dance outside of school so I can be better in school. (Well, it is Dad's time and money, too) Mom, you mean the world, the moon, and the sun to me and words will never express how grateful I am to have YOU as my mom!

And Daddy! Yep, my other taxi service and financer!! Thanks a million for videotaping. I know it is not as enjoyable when you a camera in your eye! I will treasure those videos FOREVER! My Dad rocks!

Oh Yea! I forgot to mention that we went to McD's after the show with some of my friends from the company. It was fun just to chat and to steal Meg and Maura's fries to go with our ice cream. Thanks girls for attending our McD outing! (Pictured- Maura, Mallory, Nicole, Caitlin, Me, and Meg) All girls I care deeply about!
Ok so I have said a lot today! Let me wrap this up.
- I had a blast! One that is unbeatable to me!!! I never can think God and Mrs. Casterline enough for letting me make Dance Company! It is sooooooooo much fun!!
- Dad did video tape so if any of you will walk or drive to my house we can surely watch the videos.
- I was in 4 dances out of like 9 so we had tons of fun "quick-changing"! Feww, that made it all the more CRAZY but all the more FUN. Company is the only class to be in both shows and all the other classes get 2 dances so I was glad we could dance more!!!
- 2 of our dances were modern, 1 was the crazy, creepy, scary, fast, tiring, thrilling dance that Mrs. Casterline created, and one was our personality dance with four groups...Punks, Nerds, Girly Girls, and Tomboys/Sporties. I was a Sporty so it was fun being something that is totally opposite from the real me. That dance was the most fun to perform since we really did PERFORM with SMILES. At the end we all come together with our company jackets over our stereotypical clothing and danced together. It symbolizes that regardless of our differences, we are COMPANY and we LOVE eachother!!!
- I am EXHAUSTED!! I am physical and mentally EXHAUSTED! After 4 days of constant movement and dancing my body is screaming for a break. I am not planning on tonight to be a late night! Luckily, there is no school Monday!!!
- Dancing is my one true passion outside of Jesus Christ. No other earthy thing makes me as content as a whole week of dancing, and with FRIENDS!
Thanks to all my fellow dancers, fans, and teacher for making last night possible and as great as it was. It will never be forgotten.
<3>
No comments:
Post a Comment