Thursday, May 7, 2009

Life's A Dance!!!

Well, at least mine is full of it!! Dance occupies most of my free time and I love that! I have found something to commit myself to, have given myself goals, role models, dreams, determination, and brought out a drive inside me like no other... to be a beautiful dancer!
This weekend we had 2 dress rehearsals and 2 shows. This was a show that I didn't have the honor of performing in last year since I wasn't in the Ballet Company. Now that I am, I would never leave these girls and this fun! Although I was only in one dance, and most of the time was sitting in the dressing room, I still had a blast. We played cards, bubble gum-bubble gum, stretched, TOOK PICTURES, talked, made friendship bracelets, and much more!!! My dance went really well, I performed it to my satisfaction. I just had to smile and ENJOY MYSELF. I was not able to watch any of it, not even in rehearsals so I hope to buy a DVD. (Dad recorded my dance though) Anywho, here are some of the M.A.N.Y. pictures I took this past weekend.

Enjoy! :)
(note that the caption for each pic is below it this time)
Here are the girls that were in my dance with me, as well as in my ballet class. None of them are on pointe yet, but they will be soon! I love this picture!
Again the 4 dancers in SPLITS. Watch out!
Myself, and my Lil' Sis Lilli! I think this picture turned out really precious. She has been a great lil' sis even though we don't see each other that much. Love you Lilli!


Here is picture of Alisha. I hadn't really talked to her before this weekend. She's a lot of fun!


Krazy Kathryn and I. She wouldn't take a serious picture for nothing. Love your girl!


I told you we played bubble gum bubble gum. Remember Bubble Gum Bubble Gum in a dish, How many pieces do you wish? (pick a number then go around that many times and if it lands on you your OUT!) We needed entertainment and with just hands, feet, and Alisha's mouth we were entertained.


Weird pic. Sydney and I were talking pics of our legs to see our calf muscles. I don't really have much calf muscles YET... one day! But this picture did give me a "dancer's legs" look!


We wanted to take pictures of leaps so here are a few that I caught mid air. Way Cool! This is me trying to be flexible. Key word: TRYING!! I want to be flexible soo bad and I am working hard at it.
Me and my BF at CDC, Sydney. We are so similar in the dance world that it is almost creepy. I am glad she was able to come to my bday.
Taylor and I. She's been on my blog before with my B-day and N-house posts. I am so thankful that I have become friends with her. She's great!
Me and Kristin, Mrs. Lindsay's best friend and an awesome person to be around. She is a physical therapist and gave me some help for my pulled muscle.
Above is the Wizard of Oz Tap Dancers, along with their teacher Ms. Kelly. They all are incredible tap dancers and my parents highly appraised this dance.
A picture of me and my role models. I would give a lot to be like any of these girls. They all are wonderful dancers who I have to keep in my mind whenever I want to give up. Thanks so much girls!
Regan!!! and Me! She is my age but much (did I say MUCH) better than me. I would love to be as good as her but I don't expect that of myself....yet!
My wonderful ballet teacher Ms. Jennifer. She comes behind stage and always tells us Good-Job. I love knowing that we made our teacher proud. Her and Mrs. Lindsay choreographed our dance together. I am so blessed to have these teachers and Carolina Dance Center.

My Other Wonderful Ballet teacher that keeps me enthusiastic about ballet. She is such a fun and energetic lady even though she is over 6 months pregnant. I am very excited for her to become a mother to her baby boy, Sam. Also for those of you who visit the Leesville Shopping Center that contains CDC, Arby's, and Food Lion... An Italian Ice store is coming soon (Mrs. Lindsay's husband is the owner). I can't wait to go get me some Slushies this summer. (this is the same pic I used for the Job Shadow post, oh well)

Me and Annette Jochum. CDC's 1 of the 2 most highly noted dancers. I feel quite tall in this picture. Better not grow if I want to stay short.

Let me take a few minutes to acknowledge Lea Ved (above). She was one of 12 dancers IN THE WORLD that was accepted into Juilliard, a school of the arts. That is amazing! She is a wonderful dancer all around and I can not express how thankful I am to know her. Thanks Lea!

Angela and I! I dancer that gives me much hope. She started taking ballet in 7th grade and was on pointe in 9th and now is in 10th grade in Advanced Ballet. She's a natural!

My fans! Nana, Papa, and I outside of Millbrook Highschool where the performance took place. Thanks for coming to the show. Hope you enjoyed it!

(Everyone deserves their blog space right?) They haven't been on my blog I don't think. This is my Grandma and my Aunt April. They are very outgoing characters and we always laugh together. Thanks to you guys to for driving a whole hour (and back) just to see me dance for 3 minutes. I love you!
Ok so I have spent 3 days on this post and really just want to publish it so sorry if their are grammar or spelling errors. Hope you can come to my next show.
I'm outta here!

No comments: