Wednesday, June 17, 2009

One More Year of Summer Fun-

Williamson Boat pettles on for another Summer! Unbelievably Remarkable!
This past weekend, My wonderful friend Caitlin tagged along on for 24 hours of fun with me. At least I hope she had 24 hours of fun while she was here. I invited her to come over for a sleepover on Friday night and we hung out, talked, tried to watch a move (MoviesOnDemand wasn't working), and then watched silly Britain reality shows... they were hilarious. Check 'em out sometime. Then on Saturday we had to labor for our coming fun. Dad, Caitlin, and I had to clean the boat since this was the first time in Summer 09 that we had taken our boat out to the lake. Thanks Caitlin for being such a good sport about cleaning. I know it wasn't the highlight of your time here but I'm sure you managed. Anyway, finally we were able to go boating. Our boat worked again. Needs some repairs, but it worked-- every summer we think it isn't going to work for us. It always pulls through, even after 20 years of fun in the sun. Caitlin and I were so excited to go tubing. Good thing we like that best because our knee boards are at the lake house. We tubed FOREVER and Dad tried his hardest to throw us off, but this time WE won. Caitlin and I agreed that tube riding takes talent. Just hanging on isn't gonna do it. You have to know how to shift and where to put your weight. We are masters after this trip. We even had Bojangles and Twizzlers to enjoy on the ride. I bet that her and I stayed in the water for 3 hours straight. We enjoyed every minute. And luckily I only got burnt on the back of my legs and lower back. I didn't apply sunscreen way back there, my mistake.
I don't know if you can tell in this picture but our toes and fingers were SOOO wrinkly. I have never in my life seen my tootsies so crinkled. It was almost disgusting but well worth the fun. Please ignore our ugly Ballerina-on-Pointe feet.
I hate outdoor summer pictures when the sun is so bright it makes you squint and then smile funny. That's what happened here. Oh well, its the memory that counts, right?!


And here is a video my mom recorded of us back diving off the tube. (the title should be "Back Divin' Beauties" since we are not flipping. It was so hard to balance on the air filled floatation device. And then jump with enough momentum to dive into the water. But... WE SUCCEEDED.

Summer to me right now is like Newlyweds. Everything is sweet, simple, and fun. But I know Summer 09 will quickly lose that. That's ok. I need to embrace this new chapter in my life/blog that is about to begin... Highschool. But let's not rush it, ok?

Audios, My Loves!

No comments: