Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer Daze! (June Recap Edition)

Sorry for the late posting of this blog. I had it ready but then we had friends come here for a week so I wasn't able to blog. That was frustrating. Any who... Here it is!!
On the Thursday right before Father's Day, one of my great friends Nicole had her 14th birthday celebration. There were only a few friends there but it was nice to have just a few close buds to hang out with. We had a blast and my favorite part was definitely the telephone pictionary. I have pasted Mallory's and Mine below so you can get a giggle out of our fun. I had a nice little wipe out on the zip line which was really embarrassing but oh well. The desserts were magnificent and the group of girls and the one guy made the party perfect. Thanks Nicole for inviting me to this great party. Happy Birthday Girl. I love you!
(you may want to click on these pics below so you can actually read them)
It was like telephone the game where you pass a message and by the end it is totally distorted but this game you do it by writing a phrase, passing it, drawing what the phrase says, passing it, and then writing what the picture means. By the end they are usually far from the original phrase. Loads of fun. Try it some time!
Here is a Digi Scrapbook page that I did on the event. I made that Cookie Cake for the party, as well. I wish people would have birthday parties more often. NO ONE has them anymore besides Me and Nicole. We used to have them every month in elementary school. Anyway- What do you think? Cute!?


And as some of you know, Me and My family spent the last week of June at the beach! I hardly took any pictures. My dad took a few and he took some possible Christmas Card pictures. I decided to scrapbook the pictures of me and my sister. None of them are x-mas card worthy but they are pretty enough to scrapbook. I like this page. It is bright and summer-y.

So then on Friday, Quint drove me back to Raleigh to spend the weekend with the best neighbors on the planet. I babysat so that B & J could go out for Jennifer's birthday, which gave me a great opportunity to make them pose for some pictures. I was pleased with what I got.

This page below is actually the second page and the page below it is the first page. So scroll down and look at the bottom one first then scroll back up and look at this one here.

Aren't they lovely. I am so glad to have been able to spend a whole weekend with my second family. Below is the first page of the 2-paged layout.

And on Saturday, Katelyn and I decided to be Twins for a Day. We both got out our CDC shirts to sport at the movies when we went to see Night at the Museum 2. It was nice to share some Sisterhood Bonding Moments with her this past weekend.

And then on Saturday night we came out to the culdesac for a Pig Pickin' with all of our friends. It was hot hot, did I say HOT, but it was also a lot of fun. I wish I had gotten up and danced to the music sooner than I did. I was a chicken- I so bad wanted to break down and let the beats of the drum envelope my body, but I was embarrassed. And finally at like 10pm I started loosening up and DANCED. It was a blast. It seems so silly that a dancer would be nervous to dance but social dancing and ballet are at two opposite ends of the spectrum. The food was great, the friends were all there, the music was boomin', and the fun was never ending. Great times, baby.
Here is a picture of the cutest party member, Lil' Gabi.
Being only 3, she amazes me with her little personality with her big attitude. She is precious and I love that she loves me back.
Big Gaby here. I look quite off in this picture, but I am documenting people/attenders so my beauty is not the priority here. I love my awesome neighbor.
And here is Sophia. Lil' Gabi's big sister. Another sweet pea.
And a neighbor that I don't see much, This is her debut on my blog, I think. Susannah. I was thrilled to know that her and all her family were there.
BACK TO BEFORE THE PARTY- Kate tried to show off her leap. I was very impressed. Aren't you? She is only 6. With a leap like that, she'll be getting in to Julliard.
I had to post this picture because I think this is the CUTEST picture I have ever snapped of Miss Kate. The delight that shines through her eyes makes me smile. I love you sissy.
Kate and I had such a wonderful weekend together. Even after knowing Kate since she was 3, I had never "slumbered" at the Sherman's before. It was such a vacation. I would prefer to be there, over the beach. Isn't it great to know that my beach house is right across the street. SWEET! After so much fun, we were worn out.
Oh, and I can't forget to shout out to the best 2nd mom in the world. Kate, Aaron, and I worked diligently and frantically to make this before Jenn got home. I think she liked it and it added something special to her birthday celebration.
Mrs. Jennifer,
I am so thankful that God placed you in my life. I can't imagine what middle school (and even high school) would be like without you. You are my mom, my big sister, my best friend all wrapped into one. You have coped me through the littlest of dramas and the roughest of days. The hours that I can spend just talking to you means more to me than any thing else we do together. Thanks for all you do for me daily. Happy Birthday!!! You deserve the best.
Kelsey
Kate and Aaron were proud to display this arrangement we had created. The slideshow of pictures we took, and there guitar playing and singing of "happy birthday" videos helped polish off the night. This lady deserves the most elegant of treatments - on her birthday and ALWAYS.

Ok, so I guess I need to FINALLY post this post. I have a few other things on my mind. But I guess I will let them wait.

I just watched Twilight again so now I need to go restart and finish Eclipse. Then read Breaking Dawn, and then reread Twilight. Sounds like a plan.

Good Night.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Nice pics. Your sis looks like my BFF Kirstie when we were like, idk..6.
i can't wait for new moon. it looks pretty epic when jacob turns into a wolf. :D

wut the duck the word verification this time is "umard" :D