Friday, August 21, 2009

Friends are the cherry on my life's sundae!

But actually I hate cherries, so I guess I'll call my friends the "oreo cookies" on my life's sundae. :)
Well, I have been trying to cram lots of fun events into the last few days of my summer vacation. I actually have gone to the pool, attended an awesome pool party, have had several sleepovers with friends, been on facebook, and enjoyed my time not having to be anywhere! Gosh, do I love summer! And I just attended my back-to-school open house, only causing more worry to envelope my mind. I AM going to get lost, but hopefully someone will stear me upon the right course. High School is HUGE, and it makes me feel so little! But within a few weeks, hopefully I will have made new friends, figured my way around this maze they call LRHS, and begin to focus souly on having fun and making good grades. So here are a few scrapbook pages that I am sharing to reminesce on the last days of summer!

Nicole V., Sarah, and Morgan had their birthday party at Wood Valley pool on Thursday night! It was so much fun and almost every single one of my friends was there. The water was nice, the music was playing, the chips and cake were served, and I am so glad I was invited. These are the memories I hope to remember when I look back on being 14! Happy Birthday Girls!
And yes, I am only 3 days away from being a High Schooler and I am just now attending my first high school football game. I didn't think I would enjoy it, but I knew I should go to be "cool". I ended up having the one of the best nights of my life. My 3 best friends were there so the 4 of us talked, laughed, joked around the entire game. I even got to watch Mallory cheer for her first varsity game. My BF is on Varsity cheer as a freshman!! (even though I despise cheerleading I am incredibly proud of her, you go girl!) And although I don't fully understand football, I did know why everyone cheered when our guy ran across the line with the ball... TOUCHDOWN!! And I totally did scream my throat out and clap and cheer. And to top things off, Sunset Slush was there serving up the best italian ice. Nicole and I carpooled which I now know is a "must-do" when going to football games. The final score was 35:27, i think. (it might have been 28). And Leesville held the proud and strong 35, winning the game. The first half they were down so after 2nd half and overtime they came to victory. I will definitely be at the next game... I wouldn't miss it! Go Leesville! Maybe High School won't be so bad after all!

And I had all this cute summer scrapbook stuff so I had to use it! Therefore, I made sure to take my camera to the pool and Nicole and I played around with it. Capturing lots of cute and fun shots. I do love the pool, as long as I have a wonderful friend to share it with!

We made sure to actually get together this summer!!! We promised eachother we would at the end of last year so even though school starts so soon... we had to make time for one another. I am so glad we did. We hung out, talked, looked at hot guys in my sister's high school yearbook, went to the pool, tanned, and enjoyed have eachother around! I am so glad I have friends in my life that keep me happy and excited to live each day. ily hannah!


My summer has not fallen short of fun things, and all good things must come to an end. So this is the end of my SUMMER 2009! It is very sad but I know that high school is a new and exciting chapter in my life, that I must face- regardless how scary!

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Yes, I can DO ALL THINGS through him who gives me strength! Wish Me Luck!

Thanks for reading!

Kels

No comments: