
And here is a page I did on my sleepover with Taylor Hnatek. She is definitely my favorite friend from dance. Although we don't have weekly classes together, company events and email/FB keep us in touch. She is a far better dancer than I am, hopefully I can get as good as her. The sad thing is that she doesn't see herself as a good dancer.
So on Thursday night after Taylor was out of dance, my mom dropped me off at CDC (i don't have dance on Thursdays) and MK took us home. MK is my jazz teacher and a college student at Meredith who is about to go to London for 10 months. I will miss her. She hung out at the Hnatek's house till about 10:30. Mrs. Tammy, Taylor's mom, took Me, Taylor, her sisters, and MK out for Ice Cream on Thursday night. Of course, I will NEVER pass up a chance for some cooled ole' Ice Cream. When we got back Taylor and I layed on her beautiful bed, in her even more beautiful room, (filled with everything BALLET. My dream room!) and talked, laughed, shared stories. You know, the stuff us girls do!!! :) Finally MK came up and stretched with us. As dancers, both Taylor and I wish to be more flexible than we actually are and MK is fully capable of helping us achieve that. Unfortuneatly, we didn't do it long- Taylor was too sore from MK's rough stretching the night before. Once MK left, we plopped back down onto the bed and talked some more, and some more, AND some more untill about 3:00 that night. We had a lot to say (all related to Dance or CDC)!!! In the morning there wasn't much time for anything except a little more talking. Then we got ready for dance and got in the van to drive to CDC. Along the way, we stopped for some Backyard Burger (yumm!) and then went to dance for a ballet intensive. Since I was taking a too-hard class I was actually in the same class as Taylor. But get this, she did everything I did on pointe while I was in normal ballet shoes. And I thought doing it on flat was hard. I can't even imagine doing it on pointe. Taylor amazes me. Then my mom picked me back up at CDC after the intensive. I was sad the fun had to end.
Thank you Taylor for a wonderful night! I am glad it worked out for us to get together. I am so blessed to have friends like you, who inspire me to become better. You will never know how grateful I am for you! Much Love!!! (click to enlarge the page)
And I can't quit blogging until I talk about Taylor's puppy- Maycee. She is a 3 lb. maltipoo, fully grown and absolutely adorable. I already talked to mom and we have worked it out that if I can raise enough money to buy the puppy, and use my christmas money on pet supplies- then around Dec/Jan I can get a puppy of my own. I am soo excited. You know, last Christmas I was supposed to get a Cocker Spaniel but that fell through. Hopefully this year I will have better luck!! Maycee was just so soft and so cute!!!I also had two quotes I wanted to share. (I found these while looking for "girl" quotes to put on scrapbook pages.)
***"Girls we love for what they are, young men for what they promise to be." - Johann Von Goethe
***“Girls are like apples...the best ones are at the top of the trees. The boys don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they just get the rotten apples that are on the ground that aren't as good, but easy. So the apples at the top think there is something wrong with them, when, in reality, they are amazing. They just have to wait for the right boy to come along, the one who's brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree...”
Yep, those say a lot in such little words. I don't think I have to say anymore. :)
Thanks for reading,
Kelsey
Cast your cares upon the Lord, for he cares about you. - I Peter 5:7
1 comment:
Hey Kelsey! I finally found the link to your blog again, after I lost it for awhile. I love your header, its so cute! That's so sweet that you included your "second family" too!
Love all your digital layouts! I can tell you've been having a lot of fun with it!
Thanks for reading my blog and leaving me sweet comments!
Rachel :)
Post a Comment