I love the high 70s/low 80s weather on the coast and the water is still warm enough to swim in. Mom had this last minute urge to go to the beach so she booked us a place at North Myrtle and the family + Quint all headed down for a Friday Night to Sunday Night trip (last weekend in Sept.). It was a lot of fun and the weather stayed pretty for us (even though the weatherman predicted 80% chance thunderstorms). We were able to swim in the pools and hot tub, lay out and get a little sun, eat out for breakfast (yumm, IHOP) and go shopping on Barefoot Landing... the best "just wanna look" place to go. They have all these neat little shops and this animal exhibit where you can see/hold baby white tigers. I didn't hold 'em but I did get to see them. We walked up and down all the isles of Tuesday Mornings, a wonderful store with low prices. I even got a 2 hide-away for Christmas gifts for my puppy. I had a wonderful time and can't wait to go back for another weekend in November with Nana and Papa. It was weird not having them there!
Here is a picture of us at my favorite restuarant- The Grill House. They are one of the very few seafood places to serve Deviled Crab... the only kind of seafood I will eat. And they have this scrumptious garlic bread/toast. Yummy!
Ok, so that's my quick post about the beach. I have a more interesting post to blog about so I want to do that one. But one more simple one to go, before I do the fun one.
Keep Reading!
K
No comments:
Post a Comment