Monday, July 26, 2010

Lots of Catch-Up Scrappin'

I do hate getting behind, no matter what of. I have been using all spare moments I have to scrap all the events I have photographed. Events that dated as far back as March. So slowly, I will be posting them onto my blog.

With moving, there are some things I don't care about leaving behind and then some things rip my heart just thinking about leaving. My small group girls from church (The Violet Group) is one of those ripping-heart departures. All my girls are endlessly sweet and caring. They all have become friends in addition to becoming a closer friend with our Lord. I have planned a big party for all of them this Friday and am looking forward to a fun evening.
Unfortuneatly they were not all here this day but I have a total of 9 girls, with RSVPs of 6 yes, 2 maybe, and 1 no for the party. The one girl, Kendall, (to my right below) who can't come has already spent a day with me- lunch at Chili's and we saw Despicable Me! I had a lot of fun!


And one of my violet girls in particular, Lauren T., invited me to attend her dance recital. She did a wonderful job and her little brother was tremendously entertaining- the cutest little boy ever! She and her family are so sweet!



Here is a page I put together from some of Mrs. Jenn's photos of Kate after Recital Picture Day. Katelyn still had all her makeup on and then changed into a fun and girly outfit. Perfect for Mrs. Jenn to photo edit and enhance the bright pink in her clothes and lip gloss. What a beautiful girl she is and how blessed I am to have her as part of my life.



And here is another page from that same day. A day when Jenn's goals and outcomes matched up incredibly. I have enjoyed sharing the picture of my hair as my facebook profile for a long time with continuous compliments. I have to say in response, "It's all in the photographer!". What amazing things a flash and lense can do with two young ladies!



And from the many months ago that my birthday occurred, here is a page on celebrating at my Grandma's. Homemade food from Grandma is never to be beat. Did I mention fried chicken, cheese and bacon mashed potatoes, crescent rolls, apple cobbler, NON non-fat icecream, and birthday cake? Let me not even begin to investigate the caloric content of that scrumptious meal.




And this time, I get to take the credit for being not only the scrapper but the photographer. With Dad's Nikon taking all the group shots and Jenn's Canon getting the close-ups, I was ahead of all the parents trying to capture there "dressed-to-perfection" child. All 231 pictures were snapped in the hands of none other than myself. I still have a long way to go in the photography world, but each new event I get to record is beneficial to my final quality of pics years from now.




Camille prepared for this day by receiving wedding day treatment... seriously. Perfect up-do courtesy of Tana's, manicure courtesy of the nail salon, dress courtesy of lots of bucks, photography courtesy of 2 expensive cameras,... must I continue??


She attended the 2010 prom with her BFF and to-be-roommate, Katharine. They both looked stunning and we easy on the cameras.



Also, I took a moment to document a rather remarkable occurance. ALL THE FAM TOGETHER IN ONE WEEKEND. Besides Christmas Eve, this hardly happens anymore. I miss it and I am glad the entire gang was able to be a part of a fun beach weekend.






And from March 2010 (don't remind how delayed it is) here is my Spring Extravaganza Company Recital. I was only in one piece. :( It was a contemporary ballet trio. The whole event of this recital was a roller coaster. Lots of tears, yet made for great improvement for the second show. The dilemmas I faced are never to be desired, but as a dancer- I learned! Learned that not all teachers will lie by smiling and saying "great job". There are the few who just tell it like it is- holding nothing back. It was frightening, and I was taken-aback by it all. Thanks to the rest of CDC for being so supportive.



Ok, so posts are (very. slowly. coming. along.)


But it is progress!


Temp didn't reach 100 today! But somehow I found myself pleading for the sun to come out. I will forever hate a day of clouds and gloom. It makes me sleepy, solemn, and bored.




Bring on the SUN... but can the heat stay away??


Kelsey

No comments: