Saturday, August 21, 2010

Back in Action!

I can not even begin to express the joy of this reconnection. Brought together again to share with one another all the fun times that happen. Hearing the steady click-click of the keyboard- watching my scrap pages come together, and being able to read emails and edit my photos! Man, I do love MY computer! Sorry Nana and Papa- yours' was lovely but it just isn't the same! So now that we are officially moved to Charlotte and in the apartment, I am able to spend the remaining 'wee' hours of my summer scrappin' all the events that have occurred. Woo-hoo!

Here is the page I did today from the photos I took on Thursday night at my last day of dance classes at CDC. Had I let myself dwell on the reality, poor Kelsey would have been drenched in tears. I held it all in with the faint hope of finding another studio. Lord, give me strength! This place has been my home away from home and these people are like my family. It is not easy to leave a home and it certainly is not easy to leave family, but that is what I had to do! Thanks to all the wonderful girls, families, teachers, and dance moms for enhancing my life with the opportunity to be a part of such a wonderful place!

Now let's rewind the film a little, back to the middle of the summer where moving wasn't as evident and certainly not as "real".

July 4th- You know how some days you just take good pictures and others (despite what you do) can't seem to take a good one. Luckily today was one of photogenic opportunity! I had the hardest time trying to decide which photos to include in this layout. 'Summer' and 'Holidays' are a match made in heaven!


And then to the VERY beginning of the summer right after recital time. Bailey tagged along with us to the lake. Camille ordered the perfect lake accessory- a pink polka-dot lifevest!! She didn't really care for swimming but she was ALL FOR sunbathing on the floats. She would just lay across me and we would soak up some sun!!!


Now on to THE CUTEST BOY THAT EVER BREATHED, WALKED, OR LIVED!!!! It is surprisingly fun to scrap someone of such good appearance... it makes my patience stretch a little further and, thus, my pages become masterpieces!!
I now present to you Ashton Wells!
Boys will be Boys! And I LOVE 'EM!



We enjoyed bathtime together this summer. When we would tell him it was bath time, he was slightly discouraged- but then he remembered "funky hair" and was all for it. Our collection of mowhawks, pig tails, horns, and elvis impersonations made a boring have-to a FUN want-to!!



Lastly, I would like to give a quick thank you to my Nana and Papa for housing our family for the past few weeks. We surely trashed their home, ate their food, and stole their free time, and for that we are all thankful! I am excited to move on to the apartment, but without Nana and Papa's it just wouldn't have been possible! Thanks!
Also, thanks to the Shermans for a wonderful vacation back to McBride. I look forward to seeing you guys again and hope we can stay in touch until then! I had more fun than I ever imagined- now imagine how much fun we can have when Kate is well. Frankie's here we come!!
Off to fall fast asleep in a queen-sized bed ALL TO MYSELF! I think I hear a choir of angels singing "Hallelujah" in the backgroud!! As a sleep I hope I can rid myself of this awful cold, head pressure, and sore throat that has been dragging me down all day. And that my feet can replenish their energy after a long day at UNC's Move-In Day! Camille, you will be missed!
Toodles!
Kelsey

1 comment:

Hannah said...

The "bath time" page is sooo adorable Kelsey! Of course it helps that he's such a cutie haha