Monday, September 6, 2010

I'm a Knight!

From Raleigh to Charlotte
From Leesville to AK
From Green & Blue to Purple
From Pride to Knights
From Familiar Faces to Unknown Places
From Freshman to Sophomore
From Fun Times to "It's all work"
From the good ole' days to the fulfilled journeys!

So my first week and a half of sophomore year has started off nicely. Most of the initial fears I had have been subsided and I am now on to the true bearing problems of the year-- grades!

I have made many "acquaintances" through classes and lunch. Names including Lindsay, Ashley, Kelly, Francesca, Noah, Fletcher, Zack, Aaron, and Grant. (who knows if I spelled them correctly) I am excited to see what is in store regarding the bonds I make!!

My teachers are all wonderful. My class load is a little (well, a LOT) ridiculous! I am already worried out of my skin about how I will be able to dance and keep up with my high caliber of performance. It is so scary, for I am not the typical teen who can stay up til 2 in the morning, drink a RedBull for breakfast, and be good to go! We will have to wait and see!

1st Impressions:
Ms. VanVeen- Super great, helpful, and nice- but AP Human Geography is going to kick me in the butt.
Mrs. Milkey- Espanol II... pure torture after transfering from Leesville- but she will be a good teacher and I shouldn't take my "foreign language dislike" out on her.
Mrs. Ferrigan- YEARBOOK!!! Can't wait to be a part of this!
Ms. Gallagher- Honors Chemistry is a blast and so far a breeze with such a wonderful "chemist" as my teacher.
Mr. Bender- AP Psych is A LOT of work but he will certainly make it interesting. Like watching Finding Nemo!!!
Ms. Paulson- Honors English here I come! I am so excited to have English all year. Ms. Paulson is absolutely wonderful in all ways and super nice! And we saw her at the church we visited this Sunday which made me feel good to know that she and I have the same "faith" beliefs. AND she lives in my new neighborhood!! How cool is that!

So there you have that! Wonder how my opinions will change? Sadly, I know I will find things I dislike about each of them as time passes, but as long as I can succeed-- they can do WHATEVER they want to do!

Being a part of Ardrey Kell in general is a little overwhelming. I have started to learn my around the school but still haven't gotten used to the enormous crowds in the hallway that demand the "penguin walk"... where all you can do is shuffle one foot at a time SO slowly.

Just so you know: I do not see myself in some metal "tinman" suit anytime soon... :) but I am sure I will get my school spirit soon! With time, with time...!

Please be with me in prayers as I take on this new journey. I still have several obstacles to climb over but God has been his ALMIGHTY self and blessed me beyond belief. The "first days" were as good as they could have been and things are only getting better from here!!

(You should be aware that my blogging will slow down over the school months, for it is IMPOSSIBLE to do it amongst all the homework and studying and dance and sleep!!! )


Psalm 121:7-8 The LORD will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.


Cheers!
Kelsey

P.S. 25 days till we move into our new house! I'm like a 2 year old waiting to enter the Candy Store... I'm just SO excited!

No comments: