Haha, I wish! Though I will never be good enough to be a part of the show, I did find much joy in being a part of the audience! The night was wonderful and it couldn't have gone much better!
Here is the scrap page. Click to zoom!

So my great CDC dance bud, Paige, and her mom came in town on Saturday for the long-awaited tour 2010 of SYTYCD!!! Kent and Lauren here we come!
Amidst the craziness of moving in the day before, the 4 of us (them, plus me and my mom) headed to the lil' train station to catch a ride downtown. Cool experience and saves money... and drops you off right at the arena. That's what I am talking about.
We had a wonderful evening in downtown Charlotte. It rates much higher than Raleigh's downtown. Funny how Raleigh is the "state capital" then. We ate dinner at Blackfinn and the food and service was phenomonal. Would be recommended for sure.
We actually arrived at the arena way early because we thought the show started earlier than it did. No harm though, it allowed us to buy t-shirts and find our seats with ease. Mom and I sat in our FABULOUS seats for the first half of the show. It was the ultimate best show of my preference. Dancing, Dancing, and Dancing... yep, that's for me. At intermission, their was that sadness that "it's ending". :( Thanks to my selfless mother, Paige was able to come sit with me in our seats and my mom and Mrs. Wendy went back to their seats. Second half was even better than the first and I caught a lot of it on video.
On our way out we noticed a massive crowd standing around. With our exceptional eavesdropping skills, we learned that the dancers would be coming out for autographs and such. After collecting more eavesdropped info, we found out it would be at least an hour until they came out. "Really??!," we cried. We smart ladies decided we wouldn't stand around and wait if we knew it would be that long. We headed back to Blackfinn and ordered desserts. Apple Crisp and Oreo pie... now we're talking!!!!! Lucky for us that killed almost an hour, so we headed back to the gates where "crazy fans" were lined up. Since my impatience always fails me, I gave up waiting after an additional 20 minutes. God has is awesome way of surprising me, because right as we were heading back to the train, we heard the loud explosion of squeals and knew they were coming.
Unfortuneatly, only 1 or 2 came out like ever 10 minutes. After another half hour, KENT AND LAUREN came out. Thanks to my PROACTIVELY AMAZING MOTHER we walked to the other end of the gates and found a place where few people were gathered. And lucky for us, that is where BOTH Lauren and Kent headed first! I got autographs with several of the dancers and pictures with Lauren and Kent. How cool!
There was that little bit in both Paige and I that was excited to go back and facebook our AMAZING night, for we knew it was a special chance that we got this opportunity.
I couldn't have asked for a better night, better weather, or better people to go with. Thanks to Mom for investing in those GREAT seats and for hosting a wonderful "intown" vacation. And thanks to Paige and Mrs. Wendy for a wonderful night and weekend.
Sunday morning we went out to Big View for breakfast with them and sadly had to say our goodbyes.
Now SYTYCD 2011 better come to Charlotte next year, for I'm counting on it! And this time, Paige and Mrs. Wendy can stay in a "nice, home-y, organized (unpacked)" house!
No comments:
Post a Comment