So everybody think back to that LOVE DAY! Yep, the one on the fourteenth day of February. The day some might call a Hallmark Holiday! The day others might call the "make sure not to forget, or else they won't love me" day! Haha! Well, yes, Valentine's Day in Charlotte was simple, yet dandy.
The weekend leading up to VDay I enjoyed a Saturday with my two favorite Charlotte peeps from Forest Hill. Rachel spent the day babysitting with me and then Abby came over to join us. Dad was willing to take us to his work where we piled in a theater and began watching the perfect movie for the occasion- Valentine's Day
One of my favorite movies of all times!!! A must watch!
We had a blast doing what Kelsey loves best! You guessed it!! Picture-taking! Being silly, serious, pretty, and -at all times- odd, we enjoyed every minute of our photoshoot! So glad that I have these pictures to cherish forever. And to top it off, I put them together into a scrap page! Oh, how I do love to digi scrap!
Since the font on the scrap page is hard to read (even if you click to zoom) I have attached my text below:"So Charlotte has brought many friends, but my youth girls are simply incomparable. Two gals in particular welcomed me right away! Abby came over, along with Rachel, for a fun night this month and we did nothing but have a great time. Abby and I decided that today was a “don’t count calories day” and overruled Rachel, agreeing that Brookies (Cookie Brownies) were to be made. So while Rachel watched on the side lines, Abby and I had our own bake fest! I love this girl… LOTS!! She always has something to say to make me crack up and I feel like myself around her. (Not to mention her stunning blue eyes!) I look forward to traveling with her to Pittsburg this summer on our mission trip! I just know that we will grow closer and closer throughout this year and I am continually grateful that God placed Abby in my life! "
"Now this other girl… yeah, the name’s Rachel and she is one bundle of craziness. We always have a blast together and we are really good at forgetting how old we are. Being a kid is undeniably the best form of entertainment for us girls! Early in the day, Rachel and I, along with our mothers, all had brunch together. It was quite delish! Then Rachel selflessly went with me to babysit 4 kiddos. That is a lot of youngsters so I am sooo glad that she was able to accompany me. Rachel, along with all my Forest Hill girls, are the reason that made moving worthwhile. Rachel better know that a spot for Kelsey has to be frequently penciled in on that calendar of hers. No Rachel time makes a sad Kelsey! Now that I have a car, and soon enough- a license, we will have fun hitting up the streets of Charlotte! I am continually grateful that God placed Rachel in my life!"
So for my actual Valentine's Day, Mom and Dad gave me a card and MY FAVORITE-- PEANUT BUTTER M&Ms! Why are they so yummy? It was strange not having Camille around. Mommy and Daddy enjoyed a date night together in Ballantyne, while I stayed home and studied. Haha... that is my life! Study, study, study!
Despite all the negative talk this holiday receives, I love it! It is a day to remind us of all the people we have in this world who love us and who we love! Sending cards and flowers, though it shouldn't have to be a holiday to send them, is a wonderful way of showing just how much we all care.
I sent cards to Camille, Kate, and Aaron... my favorite siblings, of course! :) I hope they enjoyed receiving them!
May the love that you had on Valentine's Day be with you all year through!
Toodles,
Kelsey
No comments:
Post a Comment