Dear Blog,
Oh, how I have missed you terribly. I'm sure you have noticed my absence and I must begin by apologizing. Reasons for such distance do exist, I promise.
First, I've been inundated in school work lately. Junior year is all they warned me it would be and MORE. I can hardly get all my homework done even if I start right at 2:30 and go til 9:30. You would be proud of me though! I'm managing to keep straight As and here's to hoping that doesn't change. Success is hard work, but unfortunately that takes time away from you. You don't grade me and mark red Xs on my failures. Sadly, that is the exact reason I haven't stopped to say hello or let you know how things are going. I can push you aside, knowing you are always there waiting (unlike my teachers). You're always here to listen, whether you really care to hear or not. How many times have I told you thank you!
And I'm sure you've noticed the change in the weather so you may have heard about how many places I've been these past few weekends. The leaves are beginning to turn and the temp hasn't passed 80 in the last week! Autumn won't be here for long, so I am trying to enjoy it while it lasts. Again, enjoying her puts me outside away from you. Maybe you can understand. Last Sunday, we went to Davidson College and walked around the campus. Never before had I seen a prettier photo scene. I even climbed a tree. You'd have laughed at me though. I just wanted to climb so that I could take a picture and share it with you. See? I promise you are not forgotten!
Always know that I really enjoy our visits. A nice chat with you at the end of a long day is the perfect antidote to the burdens of high school. I wish I could guarantee change, that I would actually visit you weekly like I used to, but I can't pinky swear. If I ever do have a free moment, the DVR wins. Not that I like him better, trust me! You are far more rewarding. But you ask a lot of me: first I must digi scrap, then I must record my entire conversation and upload all the pics I have to share. Most nights, I just look forward to laying on the couch passively engaged in my favorite episodes of Amazing Race or Criminal Minds.
Please don't take this personally. You have done nothing wrong, haven't changed one bit. It's me. The world is asking lots from me right now and I'm just trying to juggle it all. When things get a little crazy, and I just need to reflect and refresh, I know you're here!
Thank you for being YOU!
Kelsey
P.S. But there is a happy ending today... teachers weren't allowed to give us homework tonight because us Juniors will be taking the PSAT tomorrow morning. Guess what? That means I have time for you. And you wouldn't believe it! I even got around to scrapbooking my trip to SYTYCD Tour 2011. I know, it's very exciting!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What a Wednesday night! Though I was sick and running on a low fever, the fun didn't stop. Mom got off of work a little early so that we would be sure to get there on time. We met up with Haley and her mom at the Epicentre in the heart of uptown Charlotte. I was so glad that she could come to attend the show with me. For having a friend, especially a friend you haven't see in months, come to town is awesome in itself. A always delicious meal was enjoyed at Moe's before heading to the Time Warner Cable Arena. Our seats were pretty high up there, but the whole "Wednesday night" thing must have kept away the crowd so we dropped at least 20-30 rows and sat there. Now I can say, we had GREAT seats. Cheating the system always makes me a little uneasy, but my mom is the perfect go-getter in these situations. Speaking of my mommy, I must give her a shout-out! She chauffeured two teen girls to a night out on the town. All the while, being her wonderful self, bearing our squealing and excitement. I already knew that I have the best mom ever, but she continues to do things like this that remind me why! As for the show, it was phenomenal as expected. They performed many of my favorite pieces- including my all time favorite, the circus number "Water for Elephants"! Based on last year we suspected that we would have plenty of time to eat dessert between when the show got out to when the meet n' greet began. However, after a quick dessert at BlackFinn we heard screams!! Quickly, we headed back down to the arena to meet all of the dancers. They were all so excited and happy to see us. Many of them were willing to take their time with each of us and say thank you for coming. I had my go-to line of "You're amazing!" They all signed our shirts and it was fun to wear it to school on Friday. We got pictures with all our favorites. Even Melanie!! We were home by 11:30 which gave us time to get ready for bed and look at all the photos from the evening. I slept in in the morning, and went in at 8:50ish. Haley's mom came and picked her up here before I left. Thanks to Haley's mom for driving her to Charlotte. The night wouldn't have been the same without her! SYTYCD Tour 2011 was magnificent!
Click to zoom!
Left~
Right~
Night to all!
Kelsey
No comments:
Post a Comment