There are a lot of talented people in Charlotte and even within my high school alone. Kelly is one of the best singers and actresses I have ever met. And though I understand that my exposure is limited, I still believe that her talent is one to be praised. She did a fabulous job as the lead in both last year and this year's musical: Footloose & Crazy for You. Her comfort on that stage makes it fun for us to watch (instead of having nerves for her sake).
Thankfully, Kelly was recognized for her special performance quality. Charlotte hosts The Blumey Awards, a program for awarding exceptional high school theater talent and productions. It is held in the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center which is (needless to say) a very large and impressive auditorium. Kelly was nominated for best lead actress along with about 4 or 5 other girls.
Her family invited me to attend this esteemed event. I felt privileged to be able to watch Kelly up on that stage. Her performance gave all of us a lot of confidence that she could actually win (and had it been based off that evening's performances, she most likely would have). Still, the honor and opportunity was such a reward in itself. She truly is a star!
Though it is wonderful to watch her dance, sing, and act, it is even more important that I have her as a friend. Congratulations Kelly!
K
1 comment:
Awwwwww thank you so much Kelsey!!!! :) This made my day!! I'm so glad that you were able to come, thank you for always being so supportive of me!! We need to get together soooooon!!!
Kelly
Post a Comment