I can’t get over the fact that senior prom has come and
gone. Graduation is so close and I’m starting to get scared. Scared of losing
friends, scared of the change, scared to run loose. But I’m excited too.
Excited? Yes! Ready? No!
Prom had a lot to live up to from last year because I really
did have a good time with all of my friends. This year, the groups got divided
and several of my friends were split up. I wasn’t confident things would turn
out as well, but they definitely did. Senior prom was all it needed to be!
Allison, Ashley H., Kelly, and I all went to get our nails
done Saturday morning. I did my own hair that afternoon and then Mom helped me pull it back before heading to
Ashley’s at about 4:30.
Kamand did my makeup and made me feel beautiful. What I
can do on photoshop, she can do in real life. I even was able to post pictures
to facebook without editing each one. That’s a first!
![]() |
| Thanks Kamand!!! |
We met up at Kelly’s for pictures in her backyard. The
weather was perfect- in the high 60s- making the picture taking event more
enjoyable (but it did get chilly later in the night).
Nana and Papa came in town to see the new house, bring home my puppy, and see me all dressed up for prom. Definitely made me feel special to know that they wanted to come.
And of course, I have to thank Dad for taking all these pictures and Mom for directing our eyes. It's hard to know which camera to look at!
Allison drove us uptown
to park at the Omni hotel and we walked the two blocks to Mimosa grill. We all
enjoyed the “fine dining,” and I especially enjoyed the White Chocolate Crème
Brule. I think that was dessert 1 of 3 during the night. Shhh.
I begged Francesca to come to pictures and dinner even
though she didn’t want to come to prom. Somehow, I won the conversation and she
came! Dinner was so much more fun having her to talk to and laugh with. Thanks
Francesca!!
We got to prom around 9:45 just in time to hear the crowning
of prom king and queen. It was too loud to really hear what was going on but
once I knew it was Kelly all of us started screaming and jumping up and down.
Though I know I was FAR from ever being nominated, it’s fun to know that I got
to spend the whole evening with the queen. She is the only friend that I was
able to spend BOTH junior and senior prom with!!
We danced for a long time, too. It was quite hot in there
but we all tried to ignore the temp and just kept on dancing. Brice definitely
kept us going and never failed to make me laugh. I know I’m not a great party
dancer, but for the few times I’ve gotten to do it, I always love it! Burning
calories and spending time with friends… it’s a win-win!
I had told a couple of people that they shouldn’t leave
until I got to see them (since not all my friends were in my group). When I
walked in, I was sure that I wouldn’t be able to find anyone. Thankfully, at
some point throughout the night, I got to see them all! And get pics!
And when a friend would call my name (rather than me hunting
them down), it served as a reminder to how far I’ve come since being the “new
kid” sophomore year. I have several close friends now, just in time for us to
leave and get separated. Why does it have to work that way?
| Rozie! |
| Jhori! |
| Lindsay! |
| Rally! |
| Sarah! |
Once my friends were ready to leave (‘cause I could’ve
stayed all night), we gathered our things, claimed our sweatpant-souvenirs, and took a picture in front of the Las Vegas themed sign. I must admit that this year's decorations topped last year's by far. People came around passing out hats and horns and feathers. I took a hat but either my head is way large or those were tiny hats because the darn thing wouldn't fit!
Ashley's parents were willing to host our group after the prom. Her mom put out food and
candy and Kelly’s mom brought us a cookie cake. Yum! All of us girls changed into
t-shirts and our new AK prom-pants. Being pretty is exhausting! Our
“after-party” consisted of 1.) talking, 2.) talking, 3.) trying not to fall
asleep, and 4.) listening to non-loud music. It wasn’t the wild and crazy
after-parties you hear about, but it was a good cool down from a crazy night.
Nights like these wouldn’t be any fun if you didn’t have
friends to share them with. I know I’ve said it before, but as the year comes
to a close, I think more often about my friends… how they come and go, get replaced,
and all that. It makes me sad.
Thankful for prom day to get us all together once again (but
it better not be the last time).
HAPPY PROM 2013!











No comments:
Post a Comment