I HAD MY FIRST CHARLOTTE PARTY!!
I remember the times talking to my mom about moving and everything and how I wouldn't have friends to throw fall parties for. I remember, more recently, thinking about how great our new house would be for a party... a party that I don't have any invitees for.But recently, things have been coming together. The people I have met have become my friends and, with a little encouragement from Lindsay and Ashley, I was able to host my first (of many to come) Charlotte party!!
I had a blast-- though I will not put words in others' mouths. So let's just say, I hope they had as much fun as I did.
We started off the night with a firepit. The classic! We made sure to catch potato chips on fire again, for no firepit night would be complete without 'em. We did enjoy gathering around listening to music and all. When the cold (like always) becomes too much to bear, we did head inside. I showed everyone my room, which was fun and then we started up a game of Kemps in the dining room. Kemps didn't really work well with 8 people so we quickly switched over to Apples to Apples, and got lost in its fun! Near the end, Ryan began telling an improv story with the cards in his hand and, with much encouragement from all of our laughing, he continued his rather ridiculous (but quite hilarious) tale. One of those things where you just HAD to be there!
We finished off the night with Letters to Juliet, a rather slow moving movie. So no, I do not recommend it for a party. I most terribly bored with it after like half an hour and it felt as though there was no climax. Anyway, we still had fun eating popcorn and chips & cheese and cookies and brownies (Thanks to Grant!) and drinking soda!!
So thanks to all who came... Grant, Francesca, Derek, Aaron, Kelly, Ashley, and Ryan (and not pictured: Alex and Lindsay) No party is a party without friends!

So there you have it! Kelsey had a party, a party I thought I wouldn't get to have for many more months! I am truly blessed!
If I don't post before then, HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!
Kelsey
No comments:
Post a Comment