Monday, November 8, 2010

With Time...!

Moving is tough, hands down! And leaving friends behind is hard in itself. Then, though, I am left with the burden of trying to make new friends. I am slowly reassuring myself that it is ok if I don't have friends like I did in Raleigh... for some friendships do require more than 2 months to form. I think back to Raleigh, for example Nicole, where we have been friends for 4 years now and, with time, we have grown closer and closer.

Sadly, time is of the essence! High school is only but so long and these friends may just come and go. I hope I am able to find friends that stick around until we stand together in robes and grad hats, and ideally, even beyond!

With all that said, I have met many great people in Charlotte and been invited (more like invited myself) to several fun outings!

2 weekends ago I spent a lot of time with Ashley... she gets to say that she is the first Charlotte Dweller to come in and see our house, and most specially, my room! It was nice just to be with someone and talk, not like we talked about anything substantial, and that's the fun part!

We spent another great night at the mall shopping, window shopping rather.

Lil' Shout-out to Ashley: Thanks for a Friends Night(s) Out! You already know how glad I am that I have met you and how lucky I am that you let me tag along, eavesdrop, and intrude!



Though I continue to remind myself:

I just moved here.
It's ok if I don't have BFFs yet.
It's ok if I am the odd-girl-out today.
It's ok if I spend a Friday night alone.
It's ok if I don't have friends like everyone else, yet...

...'Cause one day, I will! Or at least that is what I hope!

God knows who my deepest friends will be... they may forever be Raleigh folks, or eventually maybe I will get all the "friendship" I need right here in Charlotte. It's one of those dilemmas where one day I'm optimistic thanking God for his abundant giving and blessings and then the next day I'm saddened wondering when I will really have those deep, tell your secrets/worries/stories to, kind of friends!

LIKE ALL THINGS, WITH TIME KELSEY, WITH TIME!

The homework procrastination must now end! *Sigh*

Kelsey


No comments: