Saturday, November 13, 2010

Friends Roasting by an Open Fire!

The happiness that engulfs me as I type is truly wonderful. I feel as though I could type forever... pages of thanks, praise, and blessings that have occurred in the past month. One of the most appreciated gifts I received this month is MY FRIENDS! Can I tell you how much Charlotte would just STINK without friends? I don't know why these girls and guys have been so nice to me, but all I can say is Thank You!

You know those days when you are REALLY REALLY thankful and you get annoyed at using the word "thank you" because it doesn't encompass all you really feel. Well, that's how I feel today!

Here is why!!

I have some of the greatest Charlotte friends I could have asked for! Now don't worry Raleigh friends, you will NEVER be replaced but these friends surely make missing y'all a little easier. I have done more with these friends in 2 weeks than I probably did with my Raleigh friends in 2 months (minus Nicole). We have had 3 movie nights together: 2 at Grant's (w/ the firepit) and 1 at Lindsay's and as of next weekend 1 at my house! The usual crew of myself, Ashley, Lindsay, Grant, and Aaron have fun together EVERY time. Though I am not the biggest fan of these awfully scary movies, I still leave having had a LOT of fun, filled with laughter- the best stress medicine!

Here is my scrap page... click to zoom!
This night in particular we all went to Grant's house for a firepit night and I was adamant about that fact that we should take pictures. They all, for the most part :), agreed and we had a BLAST taking tons of fun pictures by the fire! Seeing these photos showcases that I have found friends and it makes me feel like I can shed my "new kid" label and just be the best friend I can to all of them!
In lue of a Chemistry experiment my teacher did in class this week, I wanted to try a potato chip fire! I was told that if you threw potato chips on a dying fire it would spark it back up into flames. Our fire succes was already better this week thanks to Grant's dad but I still had to know what would happen. So we did it! I grabbed a handful of chips and threw it on the fire. And sure enough, it sparked up about 3 times the size it was before! SO COOL! See the video below to witness it yourself!

After our plethora of shots had been capture, chips burned, and Ashley's boots had melted (haha), we headed inside to avoid the cold. After Grant and Lindsay's ensemble of piano music we gathered in the dining room for a games of cards. I was the dealer for a multitude of rounds of KEMPS! One of my favorite card games! It was just as fun to be the dealer than it is to play! Ashley and Lindsay completely dominated which always makes for more fun! No offense boys!

Then we began watching another scary movie... by far the most horrid they have put me through so far. Let's just say I had a very nice black coat that filled my line of vision! We left before it finished, which was fine with me, but Aaron texted me the ending and supposably it ended happy! I haven't decided if he is joking or not!

I immediantly got home and put all the pictures up on facebook and today I managed to do a scrapbook page of my favorite pics!

So thanks to...

Grant- for having the parties at your house! My firepit night WILL NOT compare!

Aaron- for adding to the fun and laughter :)

Ashley- for giving me a ride and being with me everyday!!

Lindsay- for being there! Everything is always more fun when you are around!

We can officially say,"It's the most wonderful time of the year!"

Kelsey

No comments: