Okay, I know I need to be blogging about graduation. It's been almost a month since I threw my cap, but I'm still waiting on getting pictures from everyone else before I scrapbook. I'll at least share a few here to keep the chronological order of my blog.
And in honor of this milestone, Mom and Dad were willing for me to celebrate it up BIG time! Including renting a lake house and boat for the weekend, inviting my friends to join us, and making so many yummy meals and desserts!! We had so much fun and the weather could not have been better. Sunshine and moderate temps the WHOLE weekend!
Meghan and I drove up on Friday afternoon and got to the house around 3. Aunt Debbie beat us there and Mom and Dad followed just behind. We unloaded all the stuff into the house and then all headed to get the boat at the pier. We drove around on the boat, and had dinner at a lakeside restaurant. Since it's been almost 2 years, I wanted to practice hydrosliding (kneeboarding) while it was just Meghan here. We both got up (took me one fail to get the rhythm back- but once I was up, it was like the good 'ole days of owning a boat)!
We had brownies for dessert and then tried to watch a movie, but I think I fell asleep after the beginning credits finished. Poor Meghan stayed up and watched the whole thing...
The next morning, we slept in quite a bit and then headed down to the dock. The perfect summer morning! Floating by the dock on a raft, watching dragonflies land on our arms and legs, soaking up the sun, and thinking about nothing of any true substance. Ahh! I wish I was there now!
Courtney, Jhori, and Francesca all showed up a little bit after lunch and after some more dockside floating, Dad took us out on the boat. Tubing. Tubing. And more Tubing!! Courtney is officially the tubing pro. Jhori rocked for having never even been in a lake. Meghan has arm strength like crazy. Francesca's so little she fits right in the middle. And as for me, well, let's just say I try my best.
We all fell off at some point (at least, I think so). Maybe Courtney managed to survive all odds. But still, Dad knew how to cut the wake and make sharp turns to ensure somebody was going to be flung off, slice the water, and dislocate a shoulder. Okay, okay, that last part was just an exaggeration. Nobody dislocated anything all weekend. I'd call that success!
Mom and Aunt Debbie prepared a wonderful cookout for us when we got back. Burgers, Mac 'n Cheese, fresh fruit and veggies, chips and salsa, etc.
Mom took us back out on the water for a sunset ride. Oh, it was so beautiful. The colors of the sky reflecting in the water. GOD IS SO COOL!! The camera came along, as always, and we got some fun jumping shots.
Sunday was filled with more of the same. But not until we had all stuffed our faces full of hot cinnamon buns! We did some more tubing, rode around and dreamed of owning some of those homes, and prayed the weekend would slow down. Courtney, Jhori, and Francesca had to leave all too soon.
Meghan and I tried to do another kneeboarding run once it was just us. But... the water was crazy rough and all I could do was hold on and grind my teeth (definitely could never go over the wake), so we resorted to just riding around, feeling the wind in our hair!
Mom, Dad, and Aunt Debbie went to return the boat while Meghan and I got ready to go out to dinner. We took some lakeside pictures and then ended up at this fancy restaurant in the cutest plaza. And the lobster ravioli hit the spot. Everything about today felt like summer!
Meghan and I enjoyed one last night at the lake and some time on the screened-in porch. We made it our goal to utilize each room of the very large lake house over the course of our three days.
Monday morning was less sunny so our attempts at giving ourselves one last bit of color fell through. But still, with the music playing on the deck and the raft feeling like a bed, I was still in my own little heaven. And best of all, I was spending it with one of the greatest friends I know.
I should take this time to give a little shout-out to Meghan! Not only did she manage to spend almost 4 days with me without pulling her hair out, but she CONTINUALLY helped us do everything that needed to be done. From packing my car, to unpacking once we got there, to tying off the boat to the dock almost every time, to cleaning, to packing everything back up on Monday, and even to unpacking stuff back into my house once we got home. This girl hardly ever sat still (unless we were genuinely laying out under the sun). What an amazing friend who shows her love through service. She has such a big heart and I'm so glad that she has opened it up for me to receive some of her love. I could not have imagined Charlotte without her!
So yes! Cheers to a fabulous weekend that both celebrated our graduation and kicked off the summer! We had such a great time and all were able to do the relaxing we have so longed for. No more final exams, no more AP English books, NO MORE!
BECAUSE SUMMER IS HERE! And I want to enjoy every minute!
K




2 comments:
Awe, you're the best Kels! I love you bunches, and I'm going to miss you like crazy next year! <3
LOVE YOU!
That looks like a ton of fun! I love the sunset silhouettes!
Post a Comment