Saturday, August 13, 2011

August Birthdays

So we've been able to celebrate 2 birthdays this month: Nana's and Bailey's! I do love some birthday fun, no matter for whom.

Nana and Papa were here the weekend before Nana's birthday, so we celebrated with a Sunday lunch. Daddy suggested my favorite restaurant in Charlotte, and Nana was all for it. I was able to get my usual- Tomato Mozzarella Panini with Raspberry Tea (and crushed ice)! Oh boy, how yummy! We gave Nana a cute "Nana" cup and cards... with a "more to come" wink to let her know her birthday deserves far more than just a cup.

My nana is, indeed, wonderful. Not many girls get to have a grandparent as awesome. Not to mention that she took me shopping on HER birthday weekend. That is just one of many things she does to show how much she loves me. I hope she knows I love her back all the same!

The following Thursday was my puppy's birthday... her SECOND birthday. I still can't get over that! I have been a "mommy" to her for a whole 22 months (since we got her at 8 weeks old). She is a stinker; there is no denying it. But we do love her... bunches and bunches. All it takes is one little shiver of fear at my knees begging to be held during a storm, to snuggling up beside me each night before bed, and completely "losing it" every time we walk in the door (if only everybody was that excited to see me). Bailey has brought so much joy into my life; someone to always know is on my side and remind me to forget about lil' stressors. Dogs are magic in that way. As she grows, I love thinking about how she will have 'lived' my life with me... through all the days that seemed never-ending AND all the days we hoped to never end! I do love my pup!

Happy Second Birthday Bailey!
Alright, so there you have it! Kelsey is officially caught up with ALL blogging, scrapping, documenting, etc. of fun summer activities. Now I just need more fun events to occur to get me backed up again. Wink-wink.

Hope all of you had wonderful summers of your own!
K

No comments: