So I must first begin by thanking Mark Zuckerburg for founding facebook. Through use of his divine creation, I was able to share my prayer request with my friends and family and watch as all those who care 'liked' and 'commented' on my status to join in the prayer communion.
14 Comments
6 Likes
You bet that made my day! Knowing that we had a group praying for my daddy while he was in his surgery provided such comfort. Thank you to all of you who (commented or not) prayed for him. We credit the success of his surgery to a WONDERFUL God who heard our cries.
20 Likes
20, yes 20, people acknowledged the power of our almighty Father who, indeed, allowed all to go well. And without facebook, I suspect that only 2-3 of them would've even known about this procedure.
So Thank You Mark for giving us this tunnel to communicate when we need to the most!
_____________
Ok, so for those of you who would like more information on Daddy, I will share it with you here.
He was born with mitral valve prolapse, but real problems did not arise until 2003.
In 2004, he had is first surgery. I remember giving him Tootsie Roll Pops when he got home from the hospital. I knew how much he loved them! :) Along with a totally new personality, Daddy's heart seemed to be back on track.
In 2010, things got rough again. He had one surgery, and then another. Both were unsuccessful. The second of which we knew didn't work almost immediately. How his hope must have been low.
This time around, they performed an ablation in attempt to remove scar tissue from the initial surgery that was now causing problems. He was 'under' for about 5 hours, hardly remembering anything from the day. By blocking, killing, etc. the pathways, the doctors seem optimistic that they have healed him, once again.
Based on what I know from my subtle inquiries, he is not in pain. The incisions were small and are almost healed. He is taking several medications, but that was too be expected. His mood is quite perky, and I enjoy his bright self again. I hope this new 'mood' is here to stay!
He was able to return home to Charlotte on Saturday evening and even resumed his normal "paternal" duty of driving us in the family van to church on Sunday morning. Nana and Papa were still in town and went with us, too. For lunch, Dad suggested one of my favorite restaurants: blubasil!! We celebrated Nana's birthday (scrapbook page coming soon) and ordered my usual- Tomato Mozzarella Panini! It was wonderful being able to look across the table at my dad, smiling and enjoying himself like nothing had ever happened. If anything, he seems even happier than before. I'm sure now that he is free of worry, he can live on with less stress and more laughs!
Here we are at lunch on Sunday! I do love my daddy!
There is still a "to-be-announced" part of the surgery regarding its full effect. We faithfully pray that his heart continues to behave and that his upcoming years will be surgery free. Most importantly, we MUST thank God!
Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name!
1 Chronicles 29:13
Lots of love,
K
No comments:
Post a Comment