Thursday, August 25, 2011

Summer's Over; Great Things to Come!

Solemnly, I must say that yesterday was the last day of summer. It has been a great one! Filled with all the things I've previously mentioned here on my blog. God is forever revealing himself to me with each passing day.

I simply could dwell on the closure of summer, but I must learn to LIVE ON and shine God's light through Ardrey Kell. Just like God had a plan for me this summer, He has a plan for me this school year. Whether I am just showing His love, sharing His glory, or bringing someone one step closer to Him... there IS work to be done.

My devotions last night were remarkably relevant and hit me like a brick regarding my at-the-time approaching Junior Year. I ran across Romans 5 and felt the Holy Spirit drift right through me. These are the days when my faith seems to grow leaps in just a few short minutes. I could hear him speaking to me. I listened to His words that he so clearly tried to demonstrate through these verses.

He simply was saying this:
My goal for you, Kelsey, was never for you to get "Straight A's." My purpose for you was never for you be able to succeed in school with the credentials you have thus far. My GOAL for you is this: Through your academic endeavors, I am shaping you into a daughter of mine... a daughter of wisdom, a daughter of love, a daughter of virtues. School is the perfect place for you to take all you have learned this summer and apply in the "real world." There are people to reach out to, smiles to be delivered, and hearts to be touched this year, and Kelsey, it is YOUR job to be my missionary within the walls of AK. Your success has never been determined by a letter grade in my grade book. Your success, Kelsey, has always been (and always will be) determined by your commitment to loving and serving me. I am an awesome God and have blessed you with the means to perform well in academic settings. However, I warn you. Do not let striving for the "letter grade" blur your true purpose this year. I have HUGE plans for you, Kelsey! Bigger and better than you can ever imagine. Get ready for a great year. We've got this! I've mastered this Junior year thing a bajillion times. You're not the first kid who has prayed that prayer. I'm the ultimate tutor. Just call on me whenever you need me. You KNOW where I'll be. RIGHT HERE! And above all else, know YOU ARE LOVED!
Your Daddy,
God

Thank you, thank you Romans 5 for delivering his message into my heart.

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

What amazing scripture. God never intended for life to be free of suffering. God crafted suffering, just like he did everything else, with a purpose. All the suffering I face and will face is within His plan of perfection that is leading me to grow in character and hope. School is one of the biggest anxiety-ridden things there is in my life right now, as with any teen. May my school "suffering" produce perseverance, character, and hope in me this year!

You've called, Lord! I've heard. I'm no longer afraid.

Maybe no straight A's. Maybe no perfect 'records.' Maybe a lower class rank. Maybe a lower GPA. BUT ALL IN THE NAME OF THE LORD!!

My purpose is BIGGER this year than making the grade. I have a far more superior master to please!

I can only hope that all who have read this post feel equally spoken to. Change happens when the Christian COMMUNITY stands together. I'm ready to change my school... what are you changing this year?

God is calling. Is your phone on silent?

No comments: