
To believe that the news I have been waiting for for a year has finally be told. Today Mrs. Lindsay put our entire class en pointe (minus a few). If I may brag, I am the youngest one in the class that will be on pointe. I'm not exciting as I thought I would be because I think the what-ifs are started to kick. Don't get me wrong, I RAN out of class to spread the news to my mom waiting in the van.
At the beginning of class Mrs. Lindsay said she wanted to talk about Pointe shoes at the end of class. Honestly, I wish she hadn't said that because I was so side-tracked the whole class. Well, I guess not too side-tracked because Mrs. Lindsay complimented me like 4 times today AND I was the only one in the class who she asked to take my hands off the barre. To those non-dancers out there, this may not seem like a big deal but it was a huge honor if you know anything about dancing. That meant that she trusted me and only me to let go and try the next step. Yahhh! And I did it nicely, regardless of everyone staring at me. She said that some of us aren't technically ready but we are old enough and she feels that she can teach us safely. (I don't think this applies to me though because honestly I have time to become "technically" ready! Oh, the joys of being in a class of much older girls!!!! So, today was a WONDERFUL, GREAT, AWESOME DAY! (minus Camille and I's oncoming colds) Thank you God for letting this happen way before I thought it would. If you want, refer back to my like 2nd post where I talked about wanting them. Cool how dreams are met, huh? Anyway, Next time you see me I really will be dancing on my toes!! Love to all!!
1 comment:
hey kelsey-it's Julie from Junior Miss and my friend is your grandma, Mrs. Benson.
Congratulations on going en pointe! It's a huge responsibility though, have fun & be careful!!
Post a Comment